Decatur, Texas: Petrified Wood Gas Station, Cafe, Motel
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Petrified Wood Motel
Visitor Tips and News About Petrified Wood Gas Station, Cafe, Motel
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The petrified wood motel, which is closed, is part of and located directly behind the petrified wood gas station in Decatur Texas.
[Joe Boulter, 05/06/2006]
Petrified Wood Gas Station, Cafe, and Motel
Possibly another contender for the title of world's oldest building. In the early '90s I visited a cafe, gas station, and small motel all made of petrified wood. The buildings looked like they'd originally been built in the '30s or '40s. The cafe had been restored and was open, and they were almost done restoring the gas station. No work had been done on the tiny motel, but it was still in pretty good shape.
[Dean Jeffrey, 02/17/2002]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 14, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Frank's Hog Stand, Inside a Pig, San Antonio, Texas
- Half-Buried Reclining Giant, The Woodlands, Texas
- Muffler Man - Native American, San Antonio, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Glenn Goode's Big People, Gainesville, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Huey Long Death Gun, Speechifying Statue, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long Shot Here: See the Bullet Hole, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long's Towering Tombstone, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Triceratops, Wenatchee, Washington
- Virgin Mary Appeared Here, Necedah, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips