Magna, Utah: Saltair - The Cursed Resort"Saltair" is a strange, Moorish structure built on the shore of the Great Salt Lake, in the hope that someone will come. Still hosts seasonal evening events, from shows by Jane's Addiction to food bank benefit concerts.
- I-80, Magna, UT
- Great Salt Lake. From Salt Lake City, I-80 West to Exit 104 Saltair, turn right.
- Closed daytime, opens for concerts though.
Visitor Tips and News About Saltair - The Cursed Resort
We pulled off and went in -- the gift shop was open for the summer. We were able to walk through the concert hall. Around the back is a rise or hill that gives a nice view of the Great Salt Lake.
The gift shop has terrific postcards of Saltair, old photos from its heyday, as well as photos of the fires.[Joanie Berkwitz, 07/30/2014]
Saltair is alive and well. There is a souvenir shop that stays open till 6:00 PM, which gives you the chance to see the interior of the concert hall. You also get a nice view of Great Salt Lake.[Ron G, 09/02/2013]
Saltair is all closed off and now they hold raves and concerts inside. I was lucky enough today to get inside as there were people there taking down from the rave that they had had over the weekend.[Lame420, 05/29/2013]
Not much to see. Whole place is fenced off.[Tim, 05/29/2012]
While the Saltair building still stands, it has been gutted out. It now hosts Trash Metal concerts. There is a small gift shop inside. The cobblestone floor is still intact, as well as the large "S" on the main floor. Nice place to visit if you are into feeling creepy.[Avery Family, 07/17/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Pyramid of Modern Mummification, Salt Lake City, UT - 16 mi.
- Giant Neon Bowling Pin, Salt Lake City, UT - 17 mi.
- Virgin Mary in a Stump, Salt Lake City, UT - 17 mi.
- Real Place Where Brigham Young Said "This is the Place", Salt Lake City, UT - 21 mi.