Louisville, Kentucky: Colonel Sanders Museum (Closed)
Colonel Sanders Museum - Closed
Visitor Tips and News About Colonel Sanders Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Unfortunately, the Colonel Sanders Museum is closed. I was in Louisville last weekend and visited the Tricon-KFC headquarters. The museum was closed because of security concerns after 9/11. However, I am not quite sure what those concerns are. They did say there is a chance that it would be reopened in a new facility later this year.
The good news is that you can still buy Colonel Sanders bobble head dolls in the company gift shop.
[Michael Strasser, 03/16/2002]
January 22, 2017
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Unsettling Hand Sculptures, Berea, Kentucky
- Wigwam Village Motel No. 2, Cave City, Kentucky
- Big Indian Statue, Franklin, Kentucky
- Parkette Drive-In, Lexington, Kentucky
- Harland Sanders Cafe and Museum, Corbin, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Anvil Rock, Anvil Rock, South Carolina
- Queen Esther's Rock, Wyoming, Pennsylvania
- First Transcontinental Phone Call Monument, Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Rick James Grave, Buffalo, New York
- First Automobile Voyage by Horseless Carriage, Kokomo, Indiana