Louisville, Kentucky: Colonel Sanders Museum (Closed)
Colonel Sanders Museum - Closed
Visitor Tips and News About Colonel Sanders Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Unfortunately, the Colonel Sanders Museum is closed. I was in Louisville last weekend and visited the Tricon-KFC headquarters. The museum was closed because of security concerns after 9/11. However, I am not quite sure what those concerns are. They did say there is a chance that it would be reopened in a new facility later this year.
The good news is that you can still buy Colonel Sanders bobble head dolls in the company gift shop.
[Michael Strasser, 03/16/2002]
May 25, 2016
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Bourbon Barrel, Bardstown, Kentucky
- Horrible Massacre, Simpsonville, Kentucky
- Feature: Chained Rock, Pineville, Kentucky
- Big Roosters and Other Creatures, Cave City, Kentucky
- Answers In Genesis Creation Museum, Petersburg, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York