Farmington Hills, Michigan: Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum
- 31005 Orchard Lake Rd, Farmington Hills, MI
- I-696 Orchard Lake Rd exit. Two miles north, on the left side, just South of 14 Mile Rd, across from Kmart, in the shopping plaza nest to the Borders and behind the California Pizza Kitchen.
- M-R 10 am-9 pm, F-Sa 10 am - 11 pm, Su noon - 9 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
An uber-arcade and curiosity museum, packed to bursting with fun time-wasters, including P.T. Barnum's fake version of the already-fake Cardiff Giant. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Marvin's Cardiff Giant: Marvelous Marvin Yagoda's Cardiff Giant was allegedly P.T. Barnum's -- by way of a Sotheby's auction. [04/30/2009] Complete Story...
Visitor Tips and News About Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum
Old and new video games and carnival coin machines. Still going strong. A few machines ate our quarters, and the snack bar usually has a line (You might have to worm your way into getting one of the few tables), but it's definitely worth a stop![Donna, 02/24/2013]
Marvin's really gives you a bang for your roadside buck. A lot of games, models, signs and memorabilia -- that I would make a detour to see individually -- are amassed in one place. It's tucked behind a nondescript mall, but don't be fooled by the bland exterior. Get $20 worth of quarters and immerse yourself in the weird, the wacky and the fun![J Nichols, 08/05/2011]
My father and I are the owners of Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum in Michigan. We purchased the P.T. Barnum Cardiff Giant at Sothebys Auction in 1994. This is the P.T. Barnum's Cardiff Giant which was found at the State Fair grounds in Connecticut and purchased by Dr. Smith (one of the largest arcade and side show collectors). His entire collection was auctioned off at Sotheby's in 1994 we won a fierce bidding war against Ripleys for it.[Jeremy Yagoda, 01/10/1998]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Silvio's Italian American Historical Artistic Museum, Redford, MI - 11 mi.
- Robert Wadlow Shoe and Wayward Lincolnabilia, Plymouth, MI - 12 mi.
- Polar Bear Memorial to Russian-Fightin' Doughboys, Troy, MI - 11 mi.
- The Henry Ford, America's Greatest History Attraction, Dearborn, MI - 17 mi.