Redfield, South Dakota: Pheasant Statue at Pheasant Capital of the World
A big pheasant atop a pole. In case you didn't know, Redfield was where pheasants were first released into the wild in North America.
Visitor Tips and News About Pheasant Statue at Pheasant Capital of the World
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Pheasant Capital of the World
Huron SD, may have a larger pheasant, but Redfield, SD proclaims itself to be the Pheasant Capital of the World on the welcome sign upon entering town. This is because pheasants were first released into the wild in North America near Redfield, SD.
They also have an impressive fiberglass pheasant of their own, although it doesn't compare in size to the one in Huron, SD.
[Nathan L. Forrider, 10/06/2002]
April 30, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
South Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Pheasant, Huron, South Dakota
- Junk Metal Sculpture, Hill City, South Dakota
- Feature: Six-Ton Prairie Dog, Cactus Flats, South Dakota
- Muffler Man Stamper Miner, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Muffler Man - Saloon Burns, Sturgis, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Video: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Feature: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- 12-Foot-Tall Man Stares at Skyscrapers, New York, New York
- Route 66 Musical Road, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Hanged Dummy at Hangman's Tree, Placerville, California