Rich Hill, Missouri: Big Mouth, World's Largest Coal Shovel
Not a shovel like a snow shovel, it's the bucket of a massive coal dragline, with a capacity of 30 tons per scoop. You can stand in it for novelty snapshots.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Big Mouth, World's Largest Coal Shovel
Visitor Tips and News About Big Mouth, World's Largest Coal Shovel
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Big Mouth is worth a photo op! Left then 1 mile off 71 highway. [Sonja, 03/30/2013]
Big Mouth Coal Shovel
Way out of the way and nothing around but well worth it. You can see it from miles away even though it is in a depression. So neat and way bigger than you imagine.
World's Largest Coal Shovel
"The Town that Coal Built" boasts that it has the World's Largest Coal Shovel, holding 60,000 lbs. per scoop. It is on display in Rich Hill's town center. Rich Hill is located at US 71 and Route A, about 75 miles south of Kansas City, MO.
[Bill Trav, 07/04/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 26, 2015
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Undercliff Grill and Bar, Joplin, Missouri
- Scrap Iron Sculptures, Stanberry, Missouri
- Jesse James Feather Duster of Death, Kearney, Missouri
- New Madrid Earthquake Museum, New Madrid, Missouri
- The Pump, La Russell, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips