Hatteras, North Carolina: Graveyard of the Atlantic MuseumFittingly built in a spot where a large quantity of ships have sunk.
- 59200 Museum Dr., Hatteras, NC
- In Hatteras Village, the southernmost community on Hatteras Island. Just south of the ferry terminal on Hwy 12.
- M-Sa 10 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
A half-finished ship-shaped building in Hatteras Village, NC may never house the complete Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum unless more funds are raised, according to recent news reports. Since 1999, work has progressed to create a unique public home in the Outer Banks on the southern tip of Hatteras Island telling the story of myriad sunken wrecks.... [08/12/2003] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Outer Banks UFO House, Frisco, NC - 6 mi.
- British Cemetery on U.S. Soil #2, Buxton, NC - 10 mi.
- America's Tallest Lighthouse - Climb It, Buxton, NC - 10 mi.
- Teach's Hole - Blackbeard Exhibit and Pyrate Specialty Shoppe, Ocracoke, NC - 17 mi.