Hatteras, North Carolina: Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Fittingly built in a spot where a large quantity of ships have sunk.
- 59200 Museum Dr., Hatteras, NC
- In Hatteras Village, the southernmost community on Hatteras Island. Just south of the ferry terminal on Hwy 12.
- Apr-Oct. M-Sa 10-4; Nov-Mar. M-F 10-4 (Call to verify)
- Free, donations appreciated.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Museum of artifacts from different shipwrecks along the Outer Banks coastline. Also has the original light from the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. There's a gift shop on site with some very nice items. [Etta Miller, 05/15/2014]
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum still underwater
A half-finished ship-shaped building in Hatteras Village, NC may never house the complete Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum unless more funds are raised, according to recent news reports. Since 1999, work has progressed to create a unique public home in the Outer Banks on the southern tip of Hatteras Island telling the story of myriad sunken wrecks.... [08/12/2003] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Historic Anti-Racist Lunch Counter, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Pirate of Otway, Otway, North Carolina
- Tom Haywood's Self Kicking Machine, New Bern, North Carolina
- Hills of Snow, Smithfield, North Carolina
- Vollis Simpson Whirligig Park, Wilson, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips