Nevada City, Montana: Two-Story Outhouse
A whole street of ramshackle old west storefronts; the outhouse is behind the hotel. Nicknamed "Big John" by the irreverent.
Nevada City Hotel
- Brewery St., Nevada City, MT
- Behind the Nevada City Hotel, which is on the north side of Hwy 287, 1.5 miles west of Virginia City.
Visitor Tips and News About Two-Story Outhouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
When we visited Nevada City, we saw "Big John". It was a tall, two-story privy behind an old hotel. On hot summer days, when the wind was not blowing, it was called "Big Bad John". [Herbert Cairnes, 01/03/1999]
March 26, 2017
Montana Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Boombox, Norris, Montana
- Miracle of America Museum, Polson, Montana
- Rock City, Valier, Montana
- Metal Biker Ski Dude, Red Lodge, Montana
- The Squashed Cat, Missoula, Montana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington