Beulah, North Dakota: Helmuth Pfennig Wildlife Museum
Mounted and stuffed wildlife -- 175 creatures. Bears, goats, zebras -- it seems as if Helmuth hunted them all.
- 1313 Hwy 49 N., Beulah, ND
- Northwest edge of town. On the west side of Hwy 49 between 16th and 12th Sts NW, just north of the Barbot Seibel Funeral Home.
- Summer M-F. (Call to verify)
Helmuth Pfennig Wildlife Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Helmuth Pfennig Wildlife Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Helmuth Pfennig Wildlife Museum. Helmuth is an interesting character, a farmer-made-good who likes to run all over the world hunting things (though at least one person told me it's likely his guide had to do the shooting... *I* don't know!). He has stuff ranging from mountain goats to zebras to an 8' bear to more ordinary things mounted and hung, some in semi-realistic settings; and a few, er, unusual items such as canes made of elephant... um... reproductive organs. (Sigh.)
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
North Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Lewis & Clark and Sacajawea Figures, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Lone Bank Vault - History, Silva, North Dakota
- North Dakota's Worst Rail Disaster, Michigan, North Dakota
- Dinosaurs On The Prairie, Napoleon, North Dakota
- Four-Headed Thunderbird Statue, Bismarck, North Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips