College Park, Maryland: Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue
Jim was a University of Maryland art student. Kermit, however, was home-schooled. Sculpted by Jay Hall Carpenter in 2003.
Stamp Student Union
- Campus Drive, College Park, MD
- On the University of Maryland campus, on the north side of Campus Drive between Regents and Union Drives. In front of the Stamp Student Union, on the left side of the entrance.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Jim Henson and Kermit statue is a great photo opportunity for Maryland grads. [Kariann, 04/13/2014]
Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson
Cast in Bronze, the former 1960 University of Maryland art student and his creation are immortalized on a bench in front of the Stamp Student Union, a gift presented by the classes of 1994,1998,and 1999.
[Mike Stroud, 04/05/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
- NOAA's Ark/Giant Hand, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Wave Pool, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Mini-Soldier Army, Frederick, Maryland
- MOOT: Museum of Outdated Technology, Rockville, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips