College Park, Maryland: Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue
Jim was a University of Maryland art student. Kermit, however, was home-schooled. Sculpted by Jay Hall Carpenter in 2003.
Stamp Student Union
- Campus Drive, College Park, MD
- On the University of Maryland campus, on the north side of Campus Drive between Regents and Union Drives. In front of the Stamp Student Union, on the left side of the entrance.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue
Jim Henson and Kermit statue is a great photo opportunity for Maryland grads. [Kariann, 04/13/2014]
Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson
Cast in Bronze, the former 1960 University of Maryland art student and his creation are immortalized on a bench in front of the Stamp Student Union, a gift presented by the classes of 1994,1998,and 1999.
[Mike Stroud, 04/05/2004]
October 24, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Doug Bast's House of History, Boonsboro, Maryland
- Municipal Giant Slide - Sliding Board, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Vanadu - A Totally Decorated House, Hyattsville, Maryland
- Feature: Memorial Bust To the Homeless Mayor, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Lawyer's Farm Scrap Sculptures, Thurmont, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri