Poston, Arizona: Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
WWII Japanese Internment Camp Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
During WWII, a Japanese internment camp was opened in May 8, 1942 and its peak population was almost 18,000. The prisoners were mostly from the California and Southern Arizona area. A memorial was built in the early 1990s.
February 13, 2016
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona
- Quartzsite Rock Alignment, Quartzsite, Arizona
- How Show Low Got Its Name, Show Low, Arizona
- Musical Instrument Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma