Poston, Arizona: Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
WWII Japanese Internment Camp Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
During WWII, a Japanese internment camp was opened in May 8, 1942 and its peak population was almost 18,000. The prisoners were mostly from the California and Southern Arizona area. A memorial was built in the early 1990s.
May 28, 2016
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Red Polka Dot Elephant, Safford, Arizona
- Largest Camera Obscura, Safford, Arizona
- Meteor Crater Observatory, Winslow, Arizona
- High School of Planets, Phoenix, Arizona
- Two Fighter Jets in the Desert, Gila Bend, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Giant Carved Statues, Syrup Queen, Vermontville, Michigan
- Dinosaur Statues, Clayton, New Mexico
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum, Greenville, South Carolina
- Giant Can of 7-UP, Jacksonville, Florida
- Lake Placid Tower, Lake Placid, Florida