Poston, Arizona: Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
WWII Japanese Internment Camp Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
During WWII, a Japanese internment camp was opened in May 8, 1942 and its peak population was almost 18,000. The prisoners were mostly from the California and Southern Arizona area. A memorial was built in the early 1990s.
May 5, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Skull Rock, Congress, Arizona
- Junk Sculpture Garden, Tucson, Arizona
- Don Parks - Yard of Statues and Stuff, Phoenix, Arizona
- Golf Ball House, Yucca, Arizona
- The Lowell Observatory, Flagstaff, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Chained Rock, Pineville, Kentucky
- Chandelier Tree, Leggett, California
- Public Art Bus Station, Ventura, California
- Starlight Movie-Themed Motel, Colchester, Vermont
- Drive-In Movie and Motel, Fairlee, Vermont