Poston, Arizona: Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
WWII Japanese Internment Camp Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
During WWII, a Japanese internment camp was opened in May 8, 1942 and its peak population was almost 18,000. The prisoners were mostly from the California and Southern Arizona area. A memorial was built in the early 1990s.
August 26, 2016
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Petrified Wood Museum, Holbrook, Arizona
- Musical Instrument Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
- Giant Tee Pee, Lupton, Arizona
- Hobo Joe Statue, Buckeye, Arizona
- Roadkill Cafe, Seligman, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Depot Museum - Electrocuted Eagle, Stevenson, Alabama
- Big Lumberjack, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Municipal Giant Slide - Sliding Board, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Royal Swans of Swanton, Swanton, Vermont
- Benson Ford Shiphouse, Put-in-Bay, Ohio