Poston, Arizona: Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
WWII Japanese Internment Camp Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
During WWII, a Japanese internment camp was opened in May 8, 1942 and its peak population was almost 18,000. The prisoners were mostly from the California and Southern Arizona area. A memorial was built in the early 1990s.
February 20, 2017
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man, Tucson, Arizona
- Ruins of Santa's Land, Santa Claus, Arizona
- E.T. Encounter Diner, Sedona, Arizona
- John Lennon's Piano and Elvis Presley's Guitar, Phoenix, Arizona
- World's Largest Belt Buckle, Quartzsite, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California