Poston, Arizona: Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
WWII Japanese Internment Camp Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About Japanese Internment Camp Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
During WWII, a Japanese internment camp was opened in May 8, 1942 and its peak population was almost 18,000. The prisoners were mostly from the California and Southern Arizona area. A memorial was built in the early 1990s.
July 29, 2015
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Solar World War I Monument, Anthem, Arizona
- Monument Valley, Kayenta, Arizona
- Grasshopper Bridge, Phoenix, Arizona
- Stovall's Space Age Lodge, Gila Bend, Arizona
- A&W Root Beer Family, Willcox, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Giant Metal Crawfish Sculpture, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
- Grafton Ghost Town and Cemetery, Rockville, Utah
- Massive Tidal Flows, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Big Bull on Wheels, Clearwater, Montana
- Steven Seagull - Polite Knocker, Duluth, Minnesota