Rock Hill, South Carolina: The Civitas: Scandalous Statues
Four golden sculptures of large, metaphorical women that were too woman-like for some local ministers.
- Dave Lyle Blvd., Rock Hill, SC
- I-77 exit 79 (Dave Lyle Blvd.). About two miles west, at the corner of Dave Lyle and Gateway Blvds.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
The Civitas: Scandalous Statues
Visitor Tips and News About The Civitas: Scandalous Statues
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Civitas: Pretty cool place. No parking.
The Civitas - Scandalous Statues
Four bronze verdigris Civitas statues on each corner of a 4-way intersection. They are larger than life and stand about 20 feet tall. What is so unique about them is what happened right after they were put into place. Some of the local religious leaders were offended at how endowed they all were and how their nipples protruded. So, within a few days, workers were out there with metal files to file away the protuberances! Very funny!
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 16, 2014
South Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Shark Store Entrance, Garden City Beach, South Carolina
- Statues of King Hagler and General Kershaw, Camden, South Carolina
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Stone Bridge Built for The Patriot, Moncks Corner, South Carolina
- Parking Lot of Goofy Statues, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips