Rock Hill, South Carolina: The Civitas: Scandalous Statues
Four golden sculptures of large, metaphorical women that were too woman-like for some local ministers.
- Dave Lyle Blvd., Rock Hill, SC
- I-77 exit 79 (Dave Lyle Blvd.). About two miles west, at the corner of Dave Lyle and Gateway Blvds.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
The Civitas: Scandalous Statues
Visitor Tips and News About The Civitas: Scandalous Statues
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Civitas: Pretty cool place. No parking.
The Civitas - Scandalous Statues
Four bronze verdigris Civitas statues on each corner of a 4-way intersection. They are larger than life and stand about 20 feet tall. What is so unique about them is what happened right after they were put into place. Some of the local religious leaders were offended at how endowed they all were and how their nipples protruded. So, within a few days, workers were out there with metal files to file away the protuberances! Very funny!
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 18, 2013
South Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Lobster Races, Aiken, South Carolina
- UFO Welcome Center, Bowman, South Carolina
- Dizzie Gillespie Birthplace, Cheraw, South Carolina
- Remnants of Heritage USA, Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Odd Statue of the Swamp Fox, Johnsonville, South Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Obsolete Toll Booths On Display, Stratford, Connecticut
- Tom Thumb, P. T. Barnum Graves, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Lorraine Motel, Memphis, Tennessee
- Pirate Ship, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips