Barnsdall, Oklahoma: World's Only Main Street Oil Well
Literally in the middle of Main Street; the road splits to pass around it.
World's Only Main Street Oil Well
Visitor Tips and News About World's Only Main Street Oil Well
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This oil well is in the middle of main street in Barnsdall. It has a sign which says that it is the only main street oil well in the world. Anyone can visit at any time, since it is in the street. It is just the pump jack part of the oil well, with no tall oil derrick, but it's certainly unusual.
[Kathy Doss, 04/18/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Statue - America's First Boy Scout Troop, Pawhuska, OK - 12 mi.
- Indian Murals, fake hilltop horse riders, Hominy, OK - 16 mi.
- Hot, Warm, Cold Water Tanks, Bartlesville, OK - 18 mi.
- In the region: Burial Ground in Strip Mall Parking Lot, Sand Springs, OK - 30 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Sequoia Tree Display, Boise City, Oklahoma
- Bowling Ball Yard Art, Nowata, Oklahoma
- Cloverleaf: Quirky Store, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Big Toothbrush and Toothpaste, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Sit with Will Rogers on a Bench, Claremore, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips