Altoona, Pennsylvania: Oldest Roller Coaster in America
"Leap the Dips" -- built in 1902, restored in 1999.
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Roller Coaster in America
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oldest Roller Coaster in America
Built in 1902, "Leap the Dips" is the oldest roller coaster in US. It is the last known railed coaster known to exist, completely restored in 1999. The park is a full of old rides. Lakemont Park is always worth the stop just to see the history of this park.
[Jim Fortino, 05/18/2004]
May 29, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- McDonald's Bill Elliott Nascar Museum, Muncy, Pennsylvania
- Granny's Motel and Kitchen, Frackville, Pennsylvania
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Dinner in a Beer Dungeon, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- American Treasure Tour, Oaks, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Giant Bull At Taco Mama, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Gene Dillard Mosaic House, Durham, North Carolina
- Minneapolis Sputnik Collection, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Castle Gate Mine Disaster Memorial, Scofield, Utah
- Mr. Dynamite: James Brown Mural, Cincinnati, Ohio