Altoona, Pennsylvania: Oldest Roller Coaster in America
"Leap the Dips" -- built in 1902, restored in 1999.
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Roller Coaster in America
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oldest Roller Coaster in America
Built in 1902, "Leap the Dips" is the oldest roller coaster in US. It is the last known railed coaster known to exist, completely restored in 1999. The park is a full of old rides. Lakemont Park is always worth the stop just to see the history of this park.
[Jim Fortino, 05/18/2004]
October 26, 2016
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Pretzel, Shillington, Pennsylvania
- Twistee Treat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Hall of Presidents and First Ladies, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Boomer - Prehistoric Statue, New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Giant Coffee Cup, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri