Lake Station, Indiana: Frankenmuffler Mutant (Gone)
Fondly recalled modified Muffler man that stood at the Frankenwienie on Rt. 51.
Frankenmuffler Mutant - Vague Recollections
Visitor Tips and News About Frankenmuffler Mutant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There used to be a Frankenwienie on Rt. 51 that had a modified Muffler man to look like Frankenstein holding a mug of root beer and a hot dog. Is he now holding a hatchet in Illinois? Say it isn't so! I always took my kids there to get a real Vienna hot dog whenever we came home to Indiana while we were a military family.
[Peggy Mason, 06/10/2004]
January 19, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- John Dillinger Museum, Crown Point, Indiana
- Birthplace of Florence Henderson, Dale, Indiana
- Santa Statue, Evansville, Indiana
- Grave in the Middle of the Road, Franklin, Indiana
- Three White Men Hanged For Killing Indians, Pendleton, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Glass Outhouse Art Gallery, Twentynine Palms, California
- World's Largest Virgin Mary Mosaic, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Paper Cup, Riverside, California
- Michael Jackson Statue, Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Sunsphere, Knoxville, Tennessee