Lake Station, Indiana: Frankenmuffler Mutant (Gone)
Fondly recalled modified Muffler man that stood at the Frankenwienie on Rt. 51.
Frankenmuffler Mutant - Vague Recollections
Visitor Tips and News About Frankenmuffler Mutant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There used to be a Frankenwienie on Rt. 51 that had a modified Muffler man to look like Frankenstein holding a mug of root beer and a hot dog. Is he now holding a hatchet in Illinois? Say it isn't so! I always took my kids there to get a real Vienna hot dog whenever we came home to Indiana while we were a military family.
[Peggy Mason, 06/10/2004]
February 21, 2017
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- First Automobile Voyage by Horseless Carriage, Kokomo, Indiana
- John Dillinger Museum, Crown Point, Indiana
- Birthplace of Florence Henderson, Dale, Indiana
- Santa Statue, Evansville, Indiana
- Grave in the Middle of the Road, Franklin, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York
- Lark Toys, Kellogg, Minnesota
- Four Atomic Bombs, Santa Teresa, New Mexico
- King of Catfish, Lampasas, Texas
- Mug Tree, Yale, Illinois