Las Cruces, New Mexico: Pat Garrett's Grave
The man who killed Billy the Kid is buried in the Masonic Cemetery in Las Cruces.
- 760 S Compress Rd, Las Cruces, NM
- From I-10 Exit 140 head east on Avenida De Mesilla/Hwy 28, turn left on S Compress Rd, just before Main St. Masonic Cemetery will be on left. Grave is in Section 7, Block 11.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Pat Garrett's Grave
Visitor Tips and News About Pat Garrett's Grave
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I visited Pat Garrett's grave today, but before I did I researched where it was located. It is in the Masonic Cemetery in Las Cruces. Once in the cemetery, it is in Section 7, Block 11. Hopes this helps find it easier.
[Ruth L, 08/30/2011]
Grave of Pat Garrett
Pat Garrett, the man who killed Billy the Kid (or did he?), rests in a cemetery in the middle of Las Cruces, New Mexico. The cemetery, which is small and difficult to find, is one of the state's little known treasures. Garrett's grave is located in the middle toward the front of the grounds; ask a groundskeeper for directions. It won't be the first time.
[Jason Watkins, 07/04/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Rattlesnake Museum, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- One Man's Privately-Created Memorial Rest Area, Lake Sumner, New Mexico
- Roswell Wal-Mart, Roswell, New Mexico
- Galoop, Gallup, New Mexico
- Historic Microsoft Headquarters, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips