Erick, Oklahoma: Sand Hills Curiosity ShopThe greatest curiosities are its owners, Harley and Annabelle, "the Mediocre Musicmakers."
- 201 S. Sheb Wooley Ave., Erick, OK
- Downtown, at the corner of Hwy 30/Main St./Sheb Wooley Ave. and 3rd St.
- Free (Donations).
Visitor Tips and News About Sand Hills Curiosity Shop
An unbelievably surreal experience! Harley and Annabelle (the "Mediocre Musicmakers") show you around their shop in the self-professed Redneck Capital of the World. You just sit and chat for a spell and then enjoy a personal concert. We were there for about two hours. A Route 66 must-see. Great fun! Erick is also the home of Sheb Wooley, the guy who wrote/sang "The Purple People Eater."[Kim, 07/28/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Roger "King of the Road" Miller Museum, Erick, OK - < 1 mi.
- Windmill Garden, Erick, OK - 1 mi.
- Blarney Stone, Shamrock, TX - 21 mi.
- In the region: General Tommy Franks Leadership Institute and Museum, Hobart, OK - 46 mi.