Coconut Creek, Florida: Butterfly World: Largest on Earth
Butterflies are free -- well, not really, they're kind of stuck here. Largest butterfly house in the world holds 80 species.
- 3600 W Sample Rd, Coconut Creek, FL
- Tradewinds Park, 10 miles north of Ft. Lauderdale. Florida Turnpike or Interstate I-95, 3600 W. Sample Road, Coconut Creek. Exit at Sample Road and head west. Enter Tradewinds Park on the south side of Sample Road, 1/4 mile west of the Florida Turnpike.
- M-Sa 9-7, Su 1-5 (Call to verify)
- Adults $25.00
Visitor Tips and News About Butterfly World: Largest on Earth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Since its doors first opened in the Spring of 1988, Butterfly World has introduced hundreds of thousands of visitors to the wonders of Lepidoptera and the natural world around us all. The facility is the largest butterfly house in the world today.
[Phil Qualter, 07/29/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 19, 2014
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Ray Charles Boyhood Home, Greenville, Florida
- Boyett's Grove - Florida Citrus Attraction, Brooksville, Florida
- Key West Cemetery - Wacky Epitaphs, Key West, Florida
- Desert Inn, YeeHaw Junction, Florida
- Ernest Hemingway's Museum and Cats, Key West, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lopez Town Park Bombs, Lopez, Pennsylvania
- World's Oldest and Least Flattering McKinley Statue, Muskegon, Michigan
- Statue of Gabe, Owensboro, Kentucky
- Sound Garden, Seattle, Washington
- Park Bench Tribute to Kurt Cobain, Seattle, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips