World's Largest Rubber Band Ball?
World's Largest Rubber Band Ball On Display In San Francisco: According to a story last week in the San Francisco Chronicle, Samir "Sammy" Keishk, who owns the Pride Superette in the Mission District, has spent the last 18 months building a rubber band ball that measures 14 feet around and weighs 2,260 pounds. The current Guinness record weighs a measly 850 pounds. The ball is on display at his market. "I'm the man, my friend," said Keishk.
Jan. 2006: Rubber Band Ball king John Bain, in Delaware, wrote us: "The official Guinness World Record is still held by myself. My ball weighs 3130 lbs. It is in the current 2006 book."[09/03/2000]
- E. 22nd Street and S. Guerrero St.
- October 2010 - There but under wraps. (Call to verify)
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Feb 16: Palace On A Budget: No Bread For Corn
- Feb 8: Dust Up At The Action Figure Museum
- Feb 2: Happy Birthday Twine Ball Man
- Jan 21: A Uniter, Not A Divider
- Jan 16: Hot Wax: Presidents For Sale
- Jan 11: The 7 Death Cars of Bonnie and Clyde