World's Largest Rubber Band Ball?
World's Largest Rubber Band Ball On Display In San Francisco: According to a story last week in the San Francisco Chronicle, Samir "Sammy" Keishk, who owns the Pride Superette in the Mission District, has spent the last 18 months building a rubber band ball that measures 14 feet around and weighs 2,260 pounds. The current Guinness record weighs a measly 850 pounds. The ball is on display at his market. "I'm the man, my friend," said Keishk.
Jan. 2006: Rubber Band Ball king John Bain, in Delaware, wrote us: "The official Guinness World Record is still held by myself. My ball weighs 3130 lbs. It is in the current 2006 book."[09/03/2000]
- E. 22nd Street and S. Guerrero St.
- October 2010 - There but under wraps. (Call to verify)
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Apr 4: Building the Roadside Capital of the World
- Jan 5: Looking Forward: Walk-Thru Shuttle, Sidewalk Sea Monster
- Nov 14: Dr. Mütter: Surgeon Behind the Specimens
- Jun 15: The Do Nothing Machine
- Apr 21: Florida Forbids: Anthropomorphic Alligators
- Mar 20: Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax