Index, Washington: Statue - Bigfoot Holding a Raccoon
Statue marks an area used for filming in the Bigfoot comedy film "Harry and the Hendersons."
- US Hwy 2, Index, WA
- US 2 at milepost 36 on the south side, next to the Espresso Chalet. About a mile east of Index and Index-Galena Road.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Bigfoot Statue Holding a Raccoon
Visitor Tips and News About Statue - Bigfoot Holding a Raccoon
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A brand new 14' tall sasquatch standing in a waving pose where Bigfoot holding a raccoon formerly stood. Bigfoot Statue Holding a Raccoon is still present but has been moved further down the hill. A shorter (seated) sasquatch is located on the park bench behind the espresso stand. Another sasquatch can be seen inside the window of the building just left of park bench. Several Bigfoot signs posted. Friendly staff and great coffee at espresso stand.
[M. Hunt, 03/01/2009]
Wooden Bigfoot Statue
Approx. 2 miles past Index-Galena Road on US Highway 2 East stands a wooden Bigfoot Statue which provides a great photo op. Also here is a sign that indicates this spot being a filming site for the 1987 movie "Harry And The Hendersons."
There are restrooms here as well as a small store and a perfect view of Mount Index.
[Michael Mathison, 07/12/2008]
A giant wooden bigfoot statue stands right outside the town of Index, WA on Highway 2, at a roadside espresso stand.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 19, 2014
Washington Latest Tips and Stories
- DB Cooper Days - Ariel Tavern, Ariel, Washington
- Right-Wing Uncle Sam Billboard, Chehalis, Washington
- Yard Bird Statues, Chehalis, Washington
- Brackett's Landing Public Art Collection, Edmonds, Washington
- Cool Gary Wooden Sculpture, Vashon, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- La Salette Shrine, Enfiel, New Hampshire
- Ferocious Fish Sculpture, Tampa, Florida
- Lambert's, Home of Throwed Rolls, Ozark, Missouri
- Happy Rock, Gladstone, Manitoba
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
Latest Visitor Tips