Kalaloch, Washington: World's Largest Western Red Cedar Tree
For Tree Tourists, another superior specimen to admire before something kills it.
- US Hwy 101, Kalaloch, WA
- Watch for "big cedar tree" turnoff sign along US 101 between Ruby Beach and Beach 4. From the highway, drive a little over four miles into the forest on a paved road that becomes hardpack dirt. It's passenger-car accessible, but take it slow and watch for the potholes. Signs are easy to follow.
The Duncan Cedar: World's Largest Western Red Cedar Tree
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Western Red Cedar Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Seeing the "big cedar tree" sign along Highway 101, I was intrigued and decided to see what it was all about. After driving to it, I was a bit underwhelmed. Billed as "the world's largest western red cedar," it appears to have seen its better days. Nevertheless, it is relatively easy to reach, and features a raised walkway that allows visitors to walk around its stump, err trunk. Unfortunately I saw nothing there to explain who Duncan, the tree's namesake, is.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Washington Latest Tips and Stories
- Dinosaur Town With Volcano Toilets, Granger, Washington
- Archie McPhee Catalog Store, Seattle, Washington
- Giant Cheeseburger, Norma's Burgers, Olympia, Washington
- Twin Peaks TV Waterfall, Snoqualmie, Washington
- Camlann Medieval Village, Carnation, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips