Tucson, Arizona: Petrified Ground Sloth Dung
One of the fan-favorite exhibits in an otherwise non-scatalogical museum is a fake cave with a plexiglass case displaying a chunk of petrified ground sloth dung. Also on the grounds -- a prairie dog town.
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- 2021 N. Kinney Rd, Tucson, AZ
- At the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, which is west of the city, in the desert. I-10 exit at Speedway Blvd. Drive west for 12 miles, then turn right onto Kinney Road. Drive north about 2.5 miles and the museum will be on the left.
- M-F, Su 7:30-5, Sa 7:30-10; fewer hours off-season (Call to verify)
Petrified Ground Sloth Dung
Visitor Tips and News About Petrified Ground Sloth Dung
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Tucson, Arizona -- Sonoran Desert Museum -- has a simulated cave environment where they have displayed in a plexiglass case a piece of petrified ground sloth dung.
"Look, Mabel, it's a dang turd!"
Visited it probably 4-5 years ago, but would imagine it is still there. Also has a neat aviary featuring hummingbirds.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 21, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Arizona Falls, Phoenix, Arizona
- World's Smallest Museum, Superior, Arizona
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- A&W Root Beer Family, Willcox, Arizona
- Madonna of the Trail, Springerville, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lopez Town Park Bombs, Lopez, Pennsylvania
- World's Oldest and Least Flattering McKinley Statue, Muskegon, Michigan
- Statue of Gabe, Owensboro, Kentucky
- Sound Garden, Seattle, Washington
- Park Bench Tribute to Kurt Cobain, Seattle, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips