Marceline, Missouri: Walt Disney Dreaming Tree and BarnYoung Walt would sit beneath the tree and dream up ideas for cartoons. The entire farm is owned by a former Mouseketeer. The barn is another destination; Disney fans write their names on its inside walls.
- 275 W. Broadway St., Marceline, MO
- North edge of town. From Hwy 5 turn west onto Broadway St. and drive a half-block. The path to the Dreaming Tree and barn will be on the right.
Visitor Tips and News About Walt Disney Dreaming Tree and Barn
The tree has been hit by lightning and only a small part of it remains. There is, however, a new sapling that was planted from the seeds of the Dreaming Tree. Don't forget to bring a sharpie to write your message on the inside of the barn![Sara Howe, 07/03/2010]
If you visit the Disney Museum in Marceline, ask for directions to Walt's farmhouse. Out back you'll find a large cottonwood tree (not looking too healthy). Signs there describe how a young Walt would sit beneath the tree and dream up ideas for his cartoons. For any fan of Disney, half-dead cottonwood trees, or sappy recollections of childhood, this place is definitely worth a visit. Plus you can check out the barn out back where people have written to Walt Disney on the inside walls.[Joe Tamony, 11/21/2005]
The old Disney farm is now owned by a former Mouseketeer who got the tree placed on the National Register of Historic Trees and sells its seeds and saplings on line.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Walt Disney Hometown Museum, Marceline, MO - 1 mi.
- General "Blackjack" Pershing Statue and Birthplace, Laclede, MO - 13 mi.
- World's Largest Goose, Sumner, MO - 17 mi.
- In the region: Grave of Jim The Wonder Dog, Marshall, MO - 44 mi.