Trenton, Tennessee: World's Largest Teapot Collection
Donated by the late Dr. Frederick C. Freed, who evidently had an insatiable appetite for fancy teapots. A fraction of the collection is displayed on shelves in the city hall council chambers, with mirrors behind them.
Trenton City Hall
- 309 College St., Trenton, TN
- Downtown, in Trenton City Hall, which is two blocks south of the town square, at College St./US Hwy 45W Business/Hwy 367 and 2nd St.
- M-F 9 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
World's Largest Teapot Collection
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Teapot Collection
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The World's Largest Teapot Collection is a permanent exhibit in the council chambers of the Trenton City Hall. Dr. Frederick C. Freed donated his collection of 525 fancy "porcelain Veilleuse-Theieres" teapots in 1955. These are rare, highly ornate porcelain pots, many in the shape of human figures or animals.
The town holds an annual Teapot Festival in late April. [Roadsideamerica.com Team, 05/09/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 31, 2014
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Hollywood Star Cars Museum, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- USA Titan Fireworks Rocket, Pioneer, Tennessee
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Most Powerful Musical Bi-Polar Tesla Coil, Johnson City, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Wolf's Museum of Mystery, St. Augustine, Florida
- Yellow Submarine, Hobart, Washington
- Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison, Colorado
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
- Lizard Butte, Marsing, Idaho
Latest Visitor Tips