Elmwood Park, Illinois: Large Radio Flyer Wagon
20th century icon of outdoor play stands at the factory where the red wagons are still made. Sized for a kid giant of Paul Bunyan proportions.
- 6515 W. Grand Ave., Elmwood Park, IL
- Radio Flyer. At the intersection of Grand and Fullerton Ave., southwest side. Inside the fence that circles the property.
- Business hours.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Largest Radio Flyer Wagon
Visitor Tips and News About Large Radio Flyer Wagon
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Radio Flyer wagon was massive! And just so ya know, it is closed early, because it's located at the factory where they make the Radio Flyers. So we showed up at 8 pm and the gates were locked, and you have to be buzzed in to get anywhere near the wagon. So after buzzing and no one answering, we got in the car defeated, started it up, ready to go home. Just then the gates opened and a very friendly worker let us in. Just because we wanted pictures with the wagon!
It's totally worth it, slide or no slide. 27 feet long, 13 feet wide, with wheels 8 feet in diameter. It was inspired by the 45 foot tall "Coaster Boy" model, the Radio Flyer hit of the 1933 World's Fair.
Large Radio Flyer Wagon
This is a big Radio Flyer Wagon. It was put into place in July of 2005 -- I was driving to work and I looked over and there it was. [Susan Kalupski, 03/25/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 19, 2014
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Jake and Elwood Blues Brothers, Rock Island, Illinois
- City of Windmills, Batavia, Illinois
- Sapp Bros. Pot of Coffee Sign, Peru, Illinois
- Dungeons and Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Rainmaker Art Grotto, Makanda, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips