Morgantown, West Virginia: Don Knotts Star
Andy Griffith's sidekick has a sidewalk star in his home town.
- 369 High St., Morgantown, WV
- Metropolitan Theatre. I-79 exit 152. Take US 19 two miles east into the city, following many twists and turns. Turn right on Fayette, then right on High Street. I-68 exit 4. Take Hwy 7 three miles west into the city, following many twists and turns. Turn right on Walnut, then right on Chestnut, then right on Fayette, then right on High Street.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Don Knotts Star
Visitor Tips and News About Don Knotts Star
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We stopped by the New Metropolitan Theater today, and Don's star has been jackhammered out! There are small yellow wooden barricades around it, and no explanation was available when we inquired inside. Boo! [Skyler1967, 07/15/2014]
Don Knots 2nd Star; May Get 1st Statue and Hat Display
The star of The Andy Griffith Show, Three's Company, and The Incredible Mr. Limpet already has a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.... [01/21/2007] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Don Knotts Star, Morgantown, West Virginia
- West Virginia State Penitentiary Tour, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Hillbilly Hot Dogs - We Got the Weenies, Lesage, West Virginia
- International Water Tasting Competition, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips