Franklin, Minnesota: Catfish Capital of Minnesota
Pucker up for the Kiss the Catfish Contest at the town's annual festival: Catfish Derby Days.
- Hwy 19, Franklin, MN
- On Hwy 19.
- Festival in late July (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Catfish Capital of Minnesota
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Kiss the Catfish - Catfish Derby Days
Catfish Derby Days is an annual city celebration in Franklin, MN. It is always held on the 4th weekend in July and this year will be the 32nd year, July 27, 28, 29, 2007. There is a fishing contest and a "Kiss the Catfish Contest," and many other events. Franklin claims to be the Catfish Capital of Minnesota.
[Wendy Pederson, 04/27/2007]
August 30, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota
- Jolly Green Giant, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Lark Toys, Kellogg, Minnesota
- Cordwood Pete and Tamarack, Fosston, Minnesota
- Minnesota's Largest Candy Store, Jordan, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- John Wesley Powell Memorial, Jackson, Ohio