Franklin, Minnesota: Catfish Capital of Minnesota
Pucker up for the Kiss the Catfish Contest at the town's annual festival: Catfish Derby Days.
- Hwy 19, Franklin, MN
- On Hwy 19.
- Festival in late July (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Catfish Capital of Minnesota
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Kiss the Catfish - Catfish Derby Days
Catfish Derby Days is an annual city celebration in Franklin, MN. It is always held on the 4th weekend in July and this year will be the 32nd year, July 27, 28, 29, 2007. There is a fishing contest and a "Kiss the Catfish Contest," and many other events. Franklin claims to be the Catfish Capital of Minnesota.
[Wendy Pederson, 04/27/2007]
April 29, 2016
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Welcome Center Paul Bunyan Statue, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Mean Muskie and Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Babe the Blue Ox, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Stick Your Head in the Lion Mouth, Brainerd, Minnesota
- 45-Foot-Tall Eiffel Tower, Good Thunder, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Video: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Feature: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- 12-Foot-Tall Man Stares at Skyscrapers, New York, New York
- Route 66 Musical Road, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Hanged Dummy at Hangman's Tree, Placerville, California