Anchorage, Alaska: Earthquake Park MonumentIn Earthquake Park along the bike trail, there's a monument to the 9.2 magnitude shaker that struck on March 27, 1964.
- Aircraft Dr., Anchorage, AK
- Earthquake Park. Park at pulloff on Aircraft Dr. just west of West Northern Lights. The monument is along the trail looking out over the water.
Visitor Tips and News About Earthquake Park Monument
This monument remembers the big one that hit on Good Friday in Alaska.[Adam Scott Lankford, 05/10/2007]
The Great Alaska Earthquake, a Richter Scale magnitude 9.2, was March 27, 1964, and people still haven't forgotten it.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Chrome Bear, Anchorage, AK - 2 mi.
- Giant Tattoo Needle, Anchorage, AK - 3 mi.
- Northernmost U.S. Monument to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Anchorage, AK - 3 mi.
- Big Roller Skate on a Pole, Anchorage, AK - 5 mi.