Anchorage, Alaska: Earthquake Park Monument
In Earthquake Park along the bike trail, there's a monument to the 9.2 magnitude shaker that struck on March 27, 1964.
- Aircraft Dr., Anchorage, AK
- Earthquake Park. Park at pulloff on Aircraft Dr. just west of West Northern Lights. The monument is along the trail looking out over the water.
Visitor Tips and News About Earthquake Park Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Earthquake Park Monument
This monument remembers the big one that hit on Good Friday in Alaska.
[Adam Scott Lankford, 05/10/2007]
August 28, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Interior Alaska Antler Arch, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Aurora Express Train-Themed B&B, Fairbanks, Alaska
- The Bird House, Bird Creek, Alaska
- Salty Dawg Saloon, Homer, Alaska
- Whispering Giant - Indian Head, Valdez, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota