Palmer, Alaska: Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
A statue of Balto, media darling sled dog hero of the 1925 diphtheria epidemic, vies for accolades with a tiny train.
- S. Valley Way, Palmer, AK
- The statue of Balto stands on the corner of S. Valley Way E. Elmwood Ave., in front of the Palmer Museum of History and Art.
Visitor Tips and News About Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
In front of the train station is a tiny train. At the Palmer visitor center (with a tiny museum) nearby is a sitting statue of Balto. [Adam Scott Lankford, 07/20/2007]
June 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Wishing Well of Ketchikan, Ketchikan, Alaska
- World's Largest Gold Nugget, Ketchikan, Alaska
- Batmobile, London Bus, VW Ladybug, Houston, Alaska
- Dolly's House Museum: Brothel, Ketchikan, Alaska
- Wizard of Oz Metal Statues, Juneau, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Shoney's Big Boy Museum, Charleston, West Virginia
- T-Rex Made of Scrap Steel, York, South Carolina
- The First Lady of Hot Dogs, Wytheville, Virginia
- Misty II Headstone, Chincoteague Island, Virginia
- Maze Stone - Mysterious Petroglyph, Hemet, California