Palmer, Alaska: Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
A statue of Balto, media darling sled dog hero of the 1925 diphtheria epidemic, vies for accolades with a tiny train.
- S. Valley Way, Palmer, AK
- The statue of Balto stands on the corner of S. Valley Way E. Elmwood Ave., in front of the Palmer Museum of History and Art.
Visitor Tips and News About Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
In front of the train station is a tiny train. At the Palmer visitor center (with a tiny museum) nearby is a sitting statue of Balto. [Adam Scott Lankford, 07/20/2007]
October 21, 2016
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Huge Chair, Homer, Alaska
- Big Metal Chickens, Chicken, Alaska
- Wal-Mikes: Hand in Jar, Trapper Creek, Alaska
- North America's Most Westerly Highway Point, Anchor Point, Alaska
- Chrome Bear, Anchorage, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hobby Horse House - Home of Doll Lady, Matlacha, Florida
- Grave of the Foot of James A. Reid, Salisbury, North Carolina
- Fifty-Foot-Tall Concrete Teepee, Lawrence, Kansas
- Grave of Washington's Last Pallbearer, Lambertville, New Jersey
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York