Palmer, Alaska: Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
A statue of Balto, media darling sled dog hero of the 1925 diphtheria epidemic, vies for accolades with a tiny train.
- S. Valley Way, Palmer, AK
- The statue of Balto stands on the corner of S. Valley Way E. Elmwood Ave., in front of the Palmer Museum of History and Art.
Visitor Tips and News About Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
In front of the train station is a tiny train. At the Palmer visitor center (with a tiny museum) nearby is a sitting statue of Balto. [Adam Scott Lankford, 07/20/2007]
July 27, 2016
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Cat Mayor (not Deceased), Talkeetna, Alaska
- Giant Vegetables, Palmer, Alaska
- Wishing Well of Ketchikan, Ketchikan, Alaska
- World's Largest Gold Nugget, Ketchikan, Alaska
- Batmobile, London Bus, VW Ladybug, Houston, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Dragon Statue, Caryville, Tennessee
- Dinosaur World, Glen Rose, Texas
- Giant metal spur, Hico, Texas
- Crazy Yard, Sinking Cadillac, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- Dr Pepper Museum, Dublin, Texas