Palmer, Alaska: Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
A statue of Balto, media darling sled dog hero of the 1925 diphtheria epidemic, vies for accolades with a tiny train.
- S. Valley Way, Palmer, AK
- The statue of Balto stands on the corner of S. Valley Way E. Elmwood Ave., in front of the Palmer Museum of History and Art.
Visitor Tips and News About Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog
In front of the train station is a tiny train. At the Palmer visitor center (with a tiny museum) nearby is a sitting statue of Balto. [Adam Scott Lankford, 07/20/2007]
October 10, 2015
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Interior Alaska Antler Arch, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Aurora Express Train-Themed B&B, Fairbanks, Alaska
- The Bird House, Bird Creek, Alaska
- Salty Dawg Saloon, Homer, Alaska
- Whispering Giant - Indian Head, Valdez, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Dummy Lighthouse Keeper, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Sleeper House from Woody Allen Movie, Golden, Colorado
- Tiny Church, Buckhannon, West Virginia
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, West Virginia
- Kaleidoscopic Mural of Bob Dylan, Minneapolis, Minnesota