Fulton, Illinois: Dutch Windmill
Supposedly one of only two working Dutch windmills in the U.S. Big and wooden and antique-looking. Dutch Days festival every May.
De Immigrant Windmill Cultural Center
- 1000 1st St., Fulton, IL
- De Immigrant Windmill Cultural Center. Four blocks north of Hwy 136 to 10th Ave., then west to the River.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Dutch Windmill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
They sell flour that is ground inside the windmill at the cultural center across the street - corn, rye, flax, buckeye, wheat. [Shawna Eves, 09/03/2014]
First weekend in May is Dutch Days in this little town, with a parade, food and other festival activities, all very close to this authentic Dutch windmill.
While you are checking out Heritage Canyon check out the Windmill overlooking the Mississippi. Only the second authentic working windmill in the US. [J. G., 06/07/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 23, 2014
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Atomic Cannon, Rock Island, Illinois
- Gracie the Shark, Charleston, Illinois
- Dutch Windmill, Fulton, Illinois
- Grave Of King Neptune The Pig, Mount Pleasant, Illinois
- Bob Newhart Statue, Chicago, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze, Greenville, Florida
- Abraham Lincoln Reads on a Horse, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Feature: Extruded Heads of 1930s Sports Stars, Russellville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips