Fulton, Illinois: Dutch Windmill
Supposedly one of only two working Dutch windmills in the U.S. Big and wooden and antique-looking. Dutch Days festival every May.
De Immigrant Windmill Cultural Center
- 1000 1st St., Fulton, IL
- De Immigrant Windmill Cultural Center. Four blocks north of Hwy 136 to 10th Ave., then west to the River.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Dutch Windmill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
They sell flour that is ground inside the windmill at the cultural center across the street - corn, rye, flax, buckeye, wheat. [Shawna Eves, 09/03/2014]
First weekend in May is Dutch Days in this little town, with a parade, food and other festival activities, all very close to this authentic Dutch windmill.
While you are checking out Heritage Canyon check out the Windmill overlooking the Mississippi. Only the second authentic working windmill in the US. [J. G., 06/07/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 27, 2015
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
- Rockers of World's Largest Rocking Chair, Casey, Illinois
- First Kiss Spot of the Obamas, Chicago, Illinois
- Sliced Human Bodies, Chicago, Illinois
- Americana Hollywood Museum, Metropolis, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Storytown - Vague Recollections, Lake George, New York
Latest Visitor Tips