Squamish, British Columbia, Canada: Paul Bunyan - Woodsman
Not an officially designated Bunyan, but he towers and has that tall tale tree chopper attitude.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Paul B in Squamish
Visitor Tips and News About Paul Bunyan - Woodsman
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
No longer at the Centre. We tried to find the Paul B statue in Squamish right off Highway 99, like in the directions, but the Centre was there, just not Paul B. They said it had moved to either down the street at the sports complex (on the same street as the Centre, just further down past Robin Finch Rd) or down Highway 99 towards Vancouver at the Casino/Bingo place. We went to both and couldn't find it. I asked multiple people and they all knew of it and knew it had moved, but did not know the new location. [Robin S, 03/05/2013]
Paul Bunyan - Woodsman
This statue stands just off Provincial Hwy 99 North (the Sea to Sky Highway) in Squamish, B.C., midway between Vancouver and Whistler. While he's not specifically designated as Paul Bunyan, how many other giant loggers are there? He welcomes visitors to the Squamish Adventure Centre (Canadian spelling) and currently is promoting the Squamish Days Festival featuring Logger Sports.
[Craig Wilson, 08/01/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Neon Indian Chieftain, Squamish, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Wind Turbine With Viewing Pod, North Vancouver, BC, Canada - 22 mi.
- The Tomahawk Restaurant - Free Indian Headdresses, North Vancouver, BC, Canada - 27 mi.
- In the region: Giant Raspberries, Abbotsford, BC, Canada - 59 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Wooden Paddle, Parson, British Columbia
- Goats on the Roof, Nanaimo, British Columbia
- Vancouver Centennial Rocket Ship, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Very Large Abacus, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips