Washington Island, Wisconsin: Giant Coffee Pot
Galvanized steel coffee pot has greeted ferry visitors to the Washington Island ferry station since 1941. Door and shuttered windows were open when it was used as a tourist info booth in the early days.
- CR W, Washington Island, WI
- On Washington Island's Main Road/CR W, right after you get off the ferry. In front of the Visitor Center.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Giant Coffee Pot
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Coffee Pot
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant coffee pot was made of galvanized steel in 1941 as a symbol of Washington Island hospitality and ingenuity. Can be found at the roadside close to the ferry terminal at Detroit Harbor. It has a door and two windows, and was originally used as a store and then as a tourist information booth, but now is just a local landmark.
Large Coffee Pot
Velkommen Coffee Pot on Washington Island, WI.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Flamingo, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Serial Killer Ed Gein's Second Grave Marker, Emerald Grove, Wisconsin
- Scale Model of the World's First Ferris Wheel, Columbus, Wisconsin
- Gravity Hill, Shullsburg, Wisconsin
- Giant Chicken, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips