Rowlesburg, West Virginia: Greatest Generation Society Museum
Also called the WWII Exhibit. Scenes of US, British, German and Russian soldiers, and a 1940s home front living room.
- 80 Catherine St., Rowlesburg, WV
- Szilagyi Center (old Rowlesburg High School) - call for directions.
- May-Oct. Sa 11 am - 5 pm, Su 1-5pm, other by appt. (Call to verify)
- $5, WWII vets free
Greatest Generation Society Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Greatest Generation Society Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A collection of WWII artifacts, fully dressed mannequins in authentic WWII military uniforms of American men and women complete with weapons, along with German, Russian and Belgium soldiers. This would be described as wonderful if it were at the Smithsonian, but to find it in this rural town is nothing short of amazing.
[Tim Weaver, 07/12/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 18, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Hillbilly Hot Dogs - We Got the Weenies, Lesage, West Virginia
- John Henry Statue, Talcott, West Virginia
- Giant Coal Miner, Shinnston, West Virginia
- Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- Indian Head Rock, Cotton Hill, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips