Rowlesburg, West Virginia: Greatest Generation Society Museum
Also called the WWII Exhibit. Scenes of US, British, German and Russian soldiers, and a 1940s home front living room.
- 80 Catherine St., Rowlesburg, WV
- Szilagyi Center (old Rowlesburg High School) - call for directions.
- May-Oct. Sa 11 am - 5 pm, Su 1-5pm, other by appt. (Call to verify)
- $5, WWII vets free
Greatest Generation Society Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Greatest Generation Society Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A collection of WWII artifacts, fully dressed mannequins in authentic WWII military uniforms of American men and women complete with weapons, along with German, Russian and Belgium soldiers. This would be described as wonderful if it were at the Smithsonian, but to find it in this rural town is nothing short of amazing.
[Tim Weaver, 07/12/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 24, 2014
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- International Water Tasting Competition, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
- Harpers Ferry Haunted Cottage and Museum of the Supernatural, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
- Bicentennial Radio Telescope, Green Bank, West Virginia
- Chunk of Collapsed Radio Telescope, Green Bank, West Virginia
- Feature: Marx Toy Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips