Neptune, Wisconsin: Elephant Trunk Rock
If an elephant's trunk stood vertical -- and was a rock -- it might look like this. It has its own official green highway sign.
- Hwy 58, Neptune, WI
- From US 14 take Hwy 58 north around seven miles. The Rock is on Hwy 58, about 1.5 miles north of the right-hand intersection of Hwy N, between Devine Lane and Jaquish Hollow Rd.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Elephant Trunk Rock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Elephant Trunk Rock
Elephant Trunk Rock in Wisconsin is right along the roadside, with an official highway sign in case you can't guess the name.
[Britt Marley, 07/14/2010]
About 3 miles north of the little unincorporated burg of Ithaca, WI, on Wisconsin State Highway 154 is "Elephant Trunk Rock". It really does look like an elephant trunk, and the gentleman who owns it has a sign up right next to it reminding everyone that it's "Elephant Trunk Rock".
There's a two car turnout right on the highway, which runs within 10 feet of the rock, so it's impossible to miss. No admission !
[Padraic R. Durkin, 08/20/2000]
February 7, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Creepy Mini Pyramid, Madison, Wisconsin
- Elvis Fight Site Marker, Madison, Wisconsin
- Ozzie, Mascot of Octopus Car Wash, Madison, Wisconsin
- Babe The Big Blue Ox, Townsend, Wisconsin
- House On The Rock, Spring Green, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Seated Native American Statue, Roosevelt, Utah
- James Dean Birth Site Memorial, Marion, Indiana
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona