Neptune, Wisconsin: Elephant Trunk Rock
If an elephant's trunk stood vertical -- and was a rock -- it might look like this. It has its own official green highway sign.
- Hwy 58, Neptune, WI
- From US 14 take Hwy 58 north around seven miles. The Rock is on Hwy 58, about 1.5 miles north of the right-hand intersection of Hwy N, between Devine Lane and Jaquish Hollow Rd.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Elephant Trunk Rock
Visitor Tips and News About Elephant Trunk Rock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Elephant Trunk Rock in Wisconsin is right along the roadside, with an official highway sign in case you can't guess the name.
[Britt Marley, 07/14/2010]
About 3 miles north of the little unincorporated burg of Ithaca, WI, on Wisconsin State Highway 154 is "Elephant Trunk Rock". It really does look like an elephant trunk, and the gentleman who owns it has a sign up right next to it reminding everyone that it's "Elephant Trunk Rock".
There's a two car turnout right on the highway, which runs within 10 feet of the rock, so it's impossible to miss. No admission !
[Padraic R. Durkin, 08/20/2000]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Walk-Thru Pumpkin, Giant Corn and Fruit, Spring Green, WI - 13 mi.
- Large Mouse Holds Cheese Platter, Plain, WI - 13 mi.
- House On The Rock, Spring Green, WI - 19 mi.
- In the region: Lead Mine Museum, Rollo Jamison Museum, Platteville, WI - 45 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Serial Killer Ed Gein's Second Grave Marker, Emerald Grove, Wisconsin
- Scale Model of the World's First Ferris Wheel, Columbus, Wisconsin
- Gravity Hill, Shullsburg, Wisconsin
- Giant Chicken, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- Big Catfish, Trempealeau, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips