East Los Angeles, California: Giant Aluminum Can Man
His cartoonish presence grins mindlessly above the entrance to Am-Mex Recycling.
- 3315 East Washington Blvd., East Los Angeles, CA
- Am-Mex Recycling, East Washington Blvd. NE corner of Washington and Downey.
- M-F 7:30 am - 5 pm, Sa 8 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
- Free for the ecologically-minded.
Giant Aluminum Can Man
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Aluminum Can Man
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This ersatz Aluminum Can Man has been sitting on the roof of Am-Mex Recycling, legs dangling precariously over the side, for as long as I can recall. There's nothing on the NE corner of Washington and Downey to cause the inner bliss emanating from him. The eyelashes reveal a somewhat feminine side., offset by arms bigger than the Governator. Perhaps the bag in his left hand holds his kinfolk...or the blood money Can Man made from selling them to certain death...by the pound.
[Don Jankiewicz, 03/14/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Deer Park Winery And Car Museum, Escondido, California
- Mammoth Orange Stand, Chowchilla, California
- Mines Near Ghost Town, Yermo, California
- Rio Linda Cow, Rio Linda, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
- Giant Legos, Enfield, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips