East Los Angeles, California: Giant Aluminum Can Man
His cartoonish presence grins mindlessly above the entrance to Am-Mex Recycling.
- 3315 East Washington Blvd., East Los Angeles, CA
- Am-Mex Recycling, East Washington Blvd. NE corner of Washington and Downey.
- M-F 7:30 am - 5 pm, Sa 8 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
- Free for the ecologically-minded.
Giant Aluminum Can Man
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Aluminum Can Man
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This ersatz Aluminum Can Man has been sitting on the roof of Am-Mex Recycling, legs dangling precariously over the side, for as long as I can recall. There's nothing on the NE corner of Washington and Downey to cause the inner bliss emanating from him. The eyelashes reveal a somewhat feminine side., offset by arms bigger than the Governator. Perhaps the bag in his left hand holds his kinfolk...or the blood money Can Man made from selling them to certain death...by the pound.
[Don Jankiewicz, 03/14/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Wigwam Motel, Rialto, California
- Big Mike the Muffler Man, Hayward, California
- Muffler Man - Weaponized Bunyan, Hayward, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bible Mini-Golf, Lexington, Kentucky
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
- Horse Auto Parts Sculpture, Springerville, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips