Pecos, Texas: Animatronic Bartender, West of the Pecos Museum
1896 era bartender robot talks -- the only moving exhibit at the West of the Pecos Museum.
West Of The Pecos Museum
- 120 W. 1st St., Pecos, TX
- West Of The Pecos Museum, First and Hwy 285, downtown.
- M-Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Su 1-4 pm. (Call to verify)
Animatronic Bartender, West Of The Pecos Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Animatronic Bartender, West of the Pecos Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
With a precedented whole three points of articulation (eyes, right arm, and neck), "Jess" tells us about his namesake and a dastardly shooting that occurred when his bar opened in 1896. 2 sets of 120 seconds of recorded speech gives him voice. Of course a mention of the gift shop is included. His voice seems to change in the time it takes to activate him again.
Worth a stop in Pecos after fantastic Lunch at Guadalaja's Mexican and flat steak.
[Darren Collins, 03/13/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 18, 2014
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Jesus Carved in Tree Trunk, Burleson, Texas
- World's Largest BBQ - Undisputable Cuz, Brenham, Texas
- Giant Peanut Memorial, Floresville, Texas
- Columbus Replica Ship, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Crypt Under a Bridge, Houston, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips