Bristol, Connecticut: America's Oldest Amusement Park
Lake Compounce Amusement Park has operated for over 165 years.
- 822 Lake Ave., Bristol, CT
- South of Bristol. I-84 Exit 31, head north on West St./229 for 1 mile, turn left on Welch Rd. then right on Lake Avenue.
Visitor Tips and News About America's Oldest Amusement Park
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
America's Oldest Amusement Park
Lake Compounce Amusement Park is the oldest amusement park in the United States. Open for 165 years.
[Joe Sullivan, 05/20/2010]
August 28, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Connecticut Latest Tips and Stories
- PEZ Visitor Center, Orange, Connecticut
- House of Doors: Muffler Man No. 2, Cheshire, Connecticut
- White Squirrels of Shelton, Shelton, Connecticut
- Jack, First Presidential Pardon Turkey, Hartford, Connecticut
- Castle Tower Civil War Monument, Winsted, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Lumberjack, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Municipal Giant Slide - Sliding Board, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Royal Swans of Swanton, Swanton, Vermont
- Benson Ford Shiphouse, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
- Kewpee Hamburgers, Lima, Ohio