Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
March 1, 2017
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- B-29 Crash Memorial, Benton, Kentucky
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Lincoln Carved by Mysterious Hobo, Conkling, Kentucky
- Marker: Uncle Tom's Cabin Site, Paint Lick, Kentucky
- Unsettling Hand Sculptures, Berea, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pencil Sharpener Museum, Logan, Ohio
- Eerie Deepwater Horizon Memorial, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Muffler Man - Mr. Bendo, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Korean Totem Poles, Los Gatos, California
- Circus Trees - Attraction Remnants, Scotts Valley, California