Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
December 11, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Parkette Drive-In, Lexington, Kentucky
- Harland Sanders Cafe and Museum, Corbin, Kentucky
- Library of Mountain Millstones, London, Kentucky
- Itty-Bitty River Ferry, Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
- Memorial to America's Worst Drunk Driving Accident, Radcliff, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma