Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
July 29, 2015
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Hatfield-McCoy Pikeville-Pike County Museum, Pikeville, Kentucky
- Feature: Hatfield-McCoy Feud Cemetery, Pikeville, Kentucky
- Feature: Hatfield-McCoy Monument, Blackberry, Kentucky
- Feature: McCoy Well and Homeplace, Hardy, Kentucky
- Feature: Feudin' Pig and Stabbing Cabin, McCarr, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wolf People - Hang Out With Wolves, Cocolalla, Idaho
- Ten Commandments Monument, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Yakov Smirnoff Theatre, Branson, Missouri
- Lenin Statue, Seattle, Washington
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont