Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
October 9, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Heigold Facade, Louisville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Horseshoe, Louisville, Kentucky
- Tired Tire Man, Corbin, Kentucky
- Harland Sanders Cafe and Museum, Corbin, Kentucky
- Big Mike's: Mystery House, Rocks, and Big Mo, Cave City, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church, Buckhannon, West Virginia
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, West Virginia
- Kaleidoscopic Mural of Bob Dylan, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- America's Largest Glacial Traveler, Madison, New Hampshire
- Coyote Reading A Candy Wrapper, Wenatchee, Washington