Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
August 31, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Lost River Cave, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Funtown Mountain, Cave City, Kentucky
- Mammoth Cave, Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
- Tiny Church - Monte Casino Chapel, Crestview Hills, Kentucky
- Big Mike's: Mystery House, Rocks, and Big Mo, Cave City, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Muffler Man Cowboy: Big Bob, Norwich, Connecticut
- Feature: JFK's World's Largest Ball of Twine, Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
- Mystery Christmas Tree, Cordes Junction, Arizona
- Fort Fisher Hermit Bunker, Kure Beach, North Carolina
- Old Montana Prison, Deer Lodge, Montana