Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
July 26, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Flying Saucer House - Futuro, Covington, Kentucky
- U.S. President A Day Historical Marker, Lexington, Kentucky
- Tired Tire Man, Corbin, Kentucky
- Dehart's Bible & Tire, Olive Hill, Kentucky
- The Walking Dead Mural, Cynthiana, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lady Whose Dress Caught Fire, Aberdeen, Mississippi
- Lady Buried in Rocking Chair, Aberdeen, Mississippi
- Catfish Capital, Statue, and Museum, Belzoni, Mississippi
- Deer Butt Mailbox, Tennyson, Wisconsin
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota