Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
May 22, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Wigwam Village Motel No. 2, Cave City, Kentucky
- World's Largest Bat - The Vampire Kind, Louisville, Kentucky
- Duncan Hines was a Real Man, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Huge Mortar and Pestle, Lexington, Kentucky
- Big Mike's: Mystery House, Rocks, and Big Mo, Cave City, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Largest Plunger and Toilet, New Bern, North Carolina
- Colsac III the Free Ferry, Merrimac, Wisconsin
- Pinkie the Elephant, DeForest, Wisconsin
- Mirror Yard, Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Tin Man from Wiz, Council Grove, Kansas