Baxter, Kentucky: Coal Monument
Like the Washington Monument, but made of stacked and mortared blocks of shiny coal.
- Baxter, KY
- Center of town, at a three-way intersection. Location approximate.
Visitor Tips and News About Coal Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In Harlan County KY at a three-way highway intersection in the center of Baxter KY. Looks like the Washington Monument but made of stacked and mortared huge blocks of shiny coal. About 40 feet tall.
[Will Gaines, 06/08/2010]
August 25, 2016
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Muhammad Ali's Grave, Louisville, Kentucky
- The Wooldridge Monuments, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Cocaine Bear, Lexington, Kentucky
- Noah's Ark, Williamstown, Kentucky
- Notre Dame Cathedral Replica, Big Stained Glass Window, Covington, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Royal Swans of Swanton, Swanton, Vermont
- Benson Ford Shiphouse, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
- Kewpee Hamburgers, Lima, Ohio
- Duesenberg Museum, Auburn, Indiana
- Giant Windmill, St. Louis, Missouri