Sheperdsville, Kentucky: Midget Mountain - Gospel CampgroundReligious camp with smaller than normal "houses" that may propagate a legend about a little people enclave. Doorways don't need to be tall when you're kneeling!
- 141 Mount Elmira Rd, Sheperdsville, KY
- I-65 Exit 117 onto Hwy 44 and head towards Dixie Hwy/Hwy 31W. Will appear at the top of a hill on your right after a few miles.
- Daylight hours. Be respectful.
Visitor Tips and News About Midget Mountain - Gospel Campground
This mysterious place is filled with tiny houses with half-sized doors and a creepy central meeting hall. There are signs about daily prayer schedules but it is always abandoned. Legend has it that it was originally built to house a community of small people and it is now used for a religious camp for the "Gospel of The Kingdom" church.[KentuckYeti, 07/08/2010]
Visitors should be respectful; one sign reads: "We welcome every child of GOD interested in the furtherance of GODS cause."
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Longest Go-Kart Track, Shepherdsville, KY - 4 mi.
- Machine Gun Shoot, West Point, KY - 7 mi.
- Two Big Fish, Louisville, KY - 7 mi.
- In the region: Colgate Clock - 2nd Largest Timepiece in the World, Clarksville, IN - 18 mi.