St. Louis, Missouri: Museum of Transportation: Bobby Darin's Car of the Future
Lots and lots of trains, but also some planes, a tugboat, and Bobby Darin's car of the future. Several of the exhibits (including the tugboat) can be climbed aboard. Spread out over many acres, so be prepared to walk.
- 3015 Barrett Station Rd, St. Louis, MO
- Southwest of the city. I-270 exit 8. Drive west on Dougherty Ferry Rd, then turn south onto Barrett Station Rd and follow signs to the museum, which will be on the right.
- M-Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Su 11 am - 5 pm; fewer hours and days off-season (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Museum of Transportation, Trains and a Tugboat
Visitor Tips and News About Museum of Transportation: Bobby Darin's Car of the Future
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A huge collection of railroading's awesome past. Rusty, broken engines reside next to new ones, some of which you can enter. Lots of fun!
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 21, 2014
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Japanese Tea House, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Empty Suit, St. Louis, Missouri
- Big Bull on a Pylon, Dedicated by Ike, Kansas City, Missouri
- World's Largest Rooster, Branson, Missouri
- Volkswagen Beetle Hydrant Crash, Joplin, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips