St. Louis, Missouri: Museum of Transportation: Bobby Darin's Car of the Future
Lots and lots of trains, but also some planes, a tugboat, and Bobby Darin's car of the future. Several of the exhibits (including the tugboat) can be climbed aboard. Spread out over many acres, so be prepared to walk.
- 3015 Barrett Station Rd, St. Louis, MO
- Southwest of the city. I-270 exit 8. Drive west on Dougherty Ferry Rd, then turn south onto Barrett Station Rd and follow signs to the museum, which will be on the right.
- M-Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Su 11 am - 5 pm; fewer hours and days off-season (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Museum of Transportation, Trains and a Tugboat
Visitor Tips and News About Museum of Transportation: Bobby Darin's Car of the Future
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A huge collection of railroading's awesome past. Rusty, broken engines reside next to new ones, some of which you can enter. Lots of fun!
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 20, 2014
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Branson, Missouri
- Glass Labyrinth - Outdoor Maze of Glass, Kansas City, Missouri
- Longest Footbridge for Trainspotters, Springfield, Missouri
- Wreckage Of The USS Inaugural, St. Louis, Missouri
- Gigantic Paper Cup, Springfield, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Calgary Tower: Glass Floor, Calgary, Alberta
- Shrine Of Our Lady Of Good Help, New Franken, Wisconsin
- Two-headed Calf, Boise, Idaho
- Hitler's Tea Service and Spy Weapons, Anniston, Alabama
- Large Bull, Franklin, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips