Pequot Lakes, Minnesota: Paul Bunyan’s Chair
Paul Bunyan's Chair, made of logs by a local furniture company, is large for humans, but perhaps not the Bunyan scale that we would have imagined.
- Tower Square, Pequot Lakes, MN
- Downtown, at the base of the town's distinctive fishing bobber water tower. On the west side of Hwy 371 just north of Main St.
Paul Bunyan’s Chair
Visitor Tips and News About Paul Bunyan’s Chair
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Bobber Park is the home of Paul Bunyan's Chair as well as a fiberglass statue of Babe the Blue Ox. The chair is the real attraction, made from actual logs by a local furniture company. There are no steps or ladder up into it, so visitors are on your own if you want a photo of yourself sitting in the chair.
Honestly, we didn't even realize there was a water-tower bobber here until we'd traveled many miles down the road, but the Chair and Blue Ox definitely caught our eye as we drove through town. I wonder if it's time for Pequot Lakes to consider changing their town's icon?
[Dale Divers, 09/24/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 26, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Fish, Clarks Grove, Minnesota
- Emmaville Store, Emmaville, Minnesota
- Big Bronze Peanuts Comics Characters, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Aliveo Military Museum, Red Wing, Minnesota
- Large Green Hockey Player Statue, Bemidji, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips