Valier, Montana: Rock CityMaze of water eroded sandstone pillars and hoodoos along the edge where a creek and river merge.
- Rock City Rd, Valier, MT
- Take the Cut Bank Highway north out of Valier, stay straight on Rock City Road for approximately 7-8 miles (mostly straight but unpaved). Undeveloped area, may need 4x vehicle.
Visitor Tips and News About Rock City
Rock City is an area off Two Medicine River just a few miles north of the tiny town of Valier, MT. The large sandstone rocks have been cut through by the river and are a lot of fun to climb. The site is occasionally used by the local Blackfeet tribe as a worshipping place, but is mostly just a place to check out wild life, fish or let your kids burn off some energy. Picnics are fun and the scenery is beautiful. One of those great, free things to do on a weekend.[HoffBees, 07/01/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Talking Penguin Statue, Cut Bank, MT - 13 mi.
- Espresso Tipi, Browning, MT - 35 mi.
- Blackfoot Indians Made of Scrap, East Glacier Park, MT - 44 mi.
- In the region: Monument to World's Greatest Girls Basketball Team of 1904, Fort Shaw, MT - 67 mi.