Valier, Montana: Rock City
Maze of water eroded sandstone pillars and hoodoos along the edge where a creek and river merge.
- Rock City Rd, Valier, MT
- Take the Cut Bank Highway north out of Valier, stay straight on Rock City Road for approximately 7-8 miles (mostly straight but unpaved). Undeveloped area, may need 4x vehicle.
Rock City - Natural Rock Hoodoos
Visitor Tips and News About Rock City
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Rock City is an area off Two Medicine River just a few miles north of the tiny town of Valier, MT. The large sandstone rocks have been cut through by the river and are a lot of fun to climb. The site is occasionally used by the local Blackfeet tribe as a worshipping place, but is mostly just a place to check out wild life, fish or let your kids burn off some energy. Picnics are fun and the scenery is beautiful. One of those great, free things to do on a weekend.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Montana Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man, Billings, Montana
- Castle-Shaped Hardware Store, Hamilton, Montana
- Giant Silver Slipper, Missoula, Montana
- Ringing Rocks of Montana, Pipestone, Montana
- Peeping Tom Cowboy, Kalispell, Montana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips