Park Falls, Wisconsin: Wood Tick Hall Of Fame
In the Oxbow Resort, which perhaps still hosts the annual World Champion Wood Tick Race.
- 6275 Oxbo Dr., Park Falls, WI
- Hwy 70 to Oxbo Drive. In the bar at the Oxbo Resort, which is on the Flambeau River.
Champion Wood Tick Race
Visitor Tips and News About Wood Tick Hall Of Fame
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The 21th Annual Race was held in May 2000, on the shores of the Flambeau River at the Oxbo Resort. In each heat, two ticks race from the center of a bullseye on the ground. Traditionally, the losing tick was smashed with the Mayor of Oxbo's gavel, ensuring that losing genes were not bred again. The final survivor is the World Champion Tick.
A more recent report indicates that the race has moved indoors, and the individual tick's owner does the smashing honors. The Wood Tick Hall of Fame is in the Oxbo Resort.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 16, 2014
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Towboat L. Wade Childress, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
- Carved Sturgeon Photo Opportunity, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
- Mary Nohl's Concrete Art, Fox Point, Wisconsin
- Margaret Thatcher Jelly Belly Portrait, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- Pirates Hideaway, Eagle River, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips