Park Falls, Wisconsin: Wood Tick Hall Of Fame
In the Oxbow Resort, which perhaps still hosts the annual World Champion Wood Tick Race.
- 6275 Oxbo Dr., Park Falls, WI
- Hwy 70 to Oxbo Drive. In the bar at the Oxbo Resort, which is on the Flambeau River.
Champion Wood Tick Race
Visitor Tips and News About Wood Tick Hall Of Fame
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The 21th Annual Race was held in May 2000, on the shores of the Flambeau River at the Oxbo Resort. In each heat, two ticks race from the center of a bullseye on the ground. Traditionally, the losing tick was smashed with the Mayor of Oxbo's gavel, ensuring that losing genes were not bred again. The final survivor is the World Champion Tick.
A more recent report indicates that the race has moved indoors, and the individual tick's owner does the smashing honors. The Wood Tick Hall of Fame is in the Oxbo Resort.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man Head in Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- World's Most Artistic Bathrooms, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Little Dinky No. 2 Train, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
- Jurustic Park, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Seven-Foot-Tall Grasshopper made of Junk, Sussex, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Sanitarium Bed, Batavia, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips