Butte, Montana: Evel Knievel's Last Jump - His GraveGrave site of the daredevil driver. His tombstone, with its cartoon rocket car, was chiseled in 1974 and ready in the event that he perished when jumping the Snake River Canyon in Idaho. Evel lived through his many crazy stunts and finally ended up under his rocket car tombstone in 2007, age 69.
Mountain View Cemetery
- Harrison Ave, Butte, MT
- Mountain View Cemetery. South of town, east side of Harrison Ave. Enter main cemetery gate, turn left at trees, grave is on right among more trees.
Visitor Tips and News About Evel Knievel's Last Jump - His Grave
If you loved Evel, go see this! It's Evel Knievel's final resting place. He's in the Mountain View Cemetery, off Harrison Ave, just past a golf course. You enter through the black iron arch. Proceed straight to some trees then turn left. Evel's headstone is on the right along the trees. His marker is tall and there is a red, white, and blue banner hanging on the tree next to him.[Susan, 07/26/2011]
Evel Knievel's tombstone was made in 1974, just in case he died in his attempt to leap the Snake River Canyon. It stayed there, in storage, for 31 years. Evel apparently never came up with a better one, and had it shipped to him in Montana two years before his death in 2007. A similar-looking stone stands near the Snake River jump site.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Our Lady of the Rockies, Butte, MT - 1 mi.
- Statue of Auditor, the Strip Mine Dog, Butte, MT - 3 mi.
- Berkeley Pit Overlook, Butte, MT - 3 mi.
- Piccadilly Museum - Relics of Transportation and Evel Knievel, Butte, MT - 4 mi.