Window Rock, Arizona: Navajo Code Talkers Statue
Memorial at Navajo Nation Headquarters remembers WW II's Legendary Navajo Marines, whose language was used as a unique and cryptic tactical communications code in battle.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Navajo Code Talkers Statue & Window Rock
Visitor Tips and News About Navajo Code Talkers Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the town of Window Rock is this beautiful memorial. It is 25 miles off of Interstate 40, but well worth the ride! Beautiful red rocks on the drive. Very peaceful garden and memorial beneath the Window Rock.... [Penny, 01/26/2015]
Navajo Code Talkers
The Navajo Nation Headquarters in Window Rock, AZ has a new memorial for the WW II Navajo Marines who were code talkers. I am personally affected by what they did, since I was on the receiving end of the Marines invasion of Guam on Jul 21, 1944. My family as well as all the other Chamorros in concentration camps were liberated from several years under Japanese rule (Japan invaded Guam on Dec 8, 1941, the day after Pearl Harbor).
[Fred Sablan, 09/23/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 30, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Williams, Arizona
- Dwarf Car Museum, Maricopa, Arizona
- Peek-a-Boo Jesus at LDS Visitor Center, Mesa, Arizona
- Arcosanti: An Urban Laboratory, Mayer, Arizona
- Standin' On The Corner Park, Winslow, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Apple Basket Water Tower, Mount Jackson, Virginia
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Brown Pet Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
- Singing Highway, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Feature: Wentworth Museum: Petrified Cat, Pensacola, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips