Littlefork, Minnesota: New Jack Pine Savage statue
Statue of the northwoods folk hero, a Paul Bunyanesque logger named Jack Pine Savage, which is also a type of pine tree.
Visitor Tips and News About New Jack Pine Savage statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
New Jack Pine Savage Statue
In the Northern Minnesota village of Littlefork, there is a brand new Jack Pine Savage statue, a tribute to the old logging days of the area, right down on Main Street. It replaced the old wood-carved statue that was in need of repair. It bears a strong resemblance to a Paul Bunyan statue in Wisconsin Dells...
[BS Meyer, 10/08/2011]
August 29, 2016
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Horse and Human Drinking Fountain, Welcome, Minnesota
- Spotty the Stuffed Dog, Alexandria, Minnesota
- Saint Urho, Grasshopper Chaser, Menahga, Minnesota
- Daniel's Ridge, Lutsen, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Curiosity Case at Disc Exchange, Dayton, Ohio
- Fairview Inn: U.S. President Poisoned Here, Talkeetna, Alaska
- Miracle of America Museum, Polson, Montana
- VW Slug Bug Ranch, Conway, Texas
- Feature: Famous Gunfighters Wax Museum, Dodge City, Kansas