Cisco, Utah: Cisco Ghost TownWatering stop for 1880s railroad; bypassed by I-70, and lost its post office in the last decade or so. A dozen remaining buildings and lots of junk, maybe even a few residents. Location for films such as "Vanishing Point" (1971) and "Thelma and Louise" (1991).
- US Hwy 6, Cisco, UT
- 22 miles west of Colorado border. I-70 exit 21 to US Hwy 6 east, continue 4.7 mi. Before Hwy 128.
Visitor Tips and News About Cisco Ghost Town
Doesn't look like any one lives there any more! Interesting what people decided to leave behind![Dhornfeldt, 07/15/2012]
This town was used during times of the uranium mining boom for its railroad access. Last known there were homes with grass thatch roofs. A one room post office in use until approx. 2001. There are approximately 8 buildings in Cisco. Also used for filming of several movies including Vanishing Point, Thelma and Louise, and Pontiac Moon.[Tom Jasiewicz, 11/03/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Longest Wooden Suspension Bridge in Utah - Burned!, Dewey, UT - 11 mi.
- Lightning McQueen and Scooby Doo Van, Thompson, UT - 27 mi.
- Plumber Guy, Moab, UT - 31 mi.
- JFK's Autopsy Ambulance, Grand Junction, CO - 38 mi.