Dale City, Virginia: Rest Stop Dedicated by Lady BirdFirst Lady Lady Bird Johnson, always willing to help Keep America Beautiful, dedicated this rest stop on May 11, 1965, according to a plaque on a rock.
Dumfries Rest Area
- Interstate Hwy 95 S., Dale City, VA
- In the Dumfries Rest Area on southbound I-95 at Virginia milepost 156.
Visitor Tips and News About Rest Stop Dedicated by Lady Bird
Lady Bird's Rock was recently painted a nice shade of blue![Roger Crook, 01/26/2013]
Lady Bird Johnson, first lady of President Johnson, officially dedicated the Dumfries I-95 Rest Area in 1965. We're guessing, but this painted rock probably wasn't what Lady Bird had in mind when she set out on her campaign to beautify America's highways.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Iwo Jima Statue, Triangle, VA - 5 mi.
- US Marine Corps Museum, Quantico, VA - 6 mi.
- Lorton Workhouse Museum - Suffragettes Behind Bars, Lorton, VA - 6 mi.
- In the region: Revelation Dragon and Sabertooth Tiger, Washington, DC - 26 mi.