Greenwood, Missouri: Monkey Island
An animal sanctuary -- depending on who's found a more permanent home, you might see a spider, gibbon or capuchin monkey, along with lemurs, geese, ducks, and gators.
- 14021 South Harris Rd, Greenwood, MO
- Just north of Hwy 150 on east side of South Harris Rd.
- Apr-Nov. Private, but island visible from road. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Monkey Island
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
On Harris Rd outside of town. A myriad of monkeys, geese and even an alligator.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Jalapeno Pepper Pilot, Lee's Summit, MO - 5 mi.
- World's Shortest Saint Patrick's Day Parade, Blue Springs, MO - 11 mi.
- Carry Nation Museum, Hearse, Grave, Belton, MO - 13 mi.
- Leila's Hair Museum, Independence, MO - 17 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Branson, Missouri
- Glass Labyrinth - Outdoor Maze of Glass, Kansas City, Missouri
- Longest Footbridge for Trainspotters, Springfield, Missouri
- Wreckage Of The USS Inaugural, St. Louis, Missouri
- Gigantic Paper Cup, Springfield, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze, Greenville, Florida
- Abraham Lincoln Reads on a Horse, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Feature: Extruded Heads of 1930s Sports Stars, Russellville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips