Halifax, Massachusetts: Waterman Bird Farm
Bob Waterman has transformed his old farm property into a kind of Pee Wee's Playhouse bird sanctuary. The decor features lots of yard sale reject toys: stuffed animals and plastic Santa and snowmen.
- Old Summit St., Halifax, MA
- South of town about two miles on Hwy 105. Turn west onto Summit St., then left onto Old Summit St. On the left.
- No set hours
- Free; donations accepted
Waterman's Bird Farm
Visitor Tips and News About Waterman Bird Farm
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
An old farm property reworked by owner Bob Waterman into a kind of Pee Wee's Playhouse bird sanctuary. Bob gets donations of old bread and Christmas trees to make a happy home for the ducks, chickens, and at least one peacock. Yard sale reject toys -- stuffed animals and plastic Santa and snowmen -- are everywhere, and provide an unsettling vibe. "I do it for the children," says Bob.
[Kristen Good, 09/08/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 11, 2014
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Eyes on Lawn, Williamstown, Massachusetts
- World's Largest Candle in World's Largest Candle Store, South Deerfield, Massachusetts
- Giant Lobster Trap, Gloucester, Massachusetts
- Giant Cigar, Boston, Massachusetts
- Birthplace Of The Telephone, Boston, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Wooldridge Monuments, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Graffiti Bridge, Pensacola, Florida
- Babe the Muffler Man, San Jose, California
- Olympic Torch Tower, Atlanta, Georgia
- World's Largest Indoor Train Display, West Chester, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips